Bob’s Red Mill – Do we love those guys or what? Matt Cox and the rest of the Bob’s Red Mill team is competing as the first and only US participants in the 16th Annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in Scotland on October 11. With their Myrtle Spurtle, pear liqueur and brûlée-topped oatmeal, Team Bob’s Red Mill from the USA is ready to do what no American company has ever tried before – wrest the Golden Spurtle away from the Scots. Known for its whole grain products, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods will take on the world’s best oatmeal makers when they compete in the 16th Annual “Golden Spurtle” World Porridge Making Championship in the small Scottish Highland village of Carrbridge, Inverness-shire, Scotland .
The company hopes to return home with the coveted “Golden Spurtle” trophy. A Scottish kitchen tool dating back to the 15th century, a spurtle is a rod-like stirring stick that is traditionally used to prevent porridge from becoming lumpy. Tradition also dictates that the porridge be stirred clockwise with the right hand to ward off evil spirits during cooking. Expanding on its Oregon theme, Bob’s Red Mill will be competing with its own custom spurtle made from Oregon myrtle wood.
Go now to their blog and enter their contest – guess how many contestants there are going to be in the 16th Annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship on October 11th and you may win a beautiful myrtle-wood spurtle and package of Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.
Good Luck to the Bob’s Red Mill Team!
Related posts you might also like:
- Hemp – An Excellent Source of Protein
- Cream To Butter To Shortbread
- Which is Better? Depends on Your Mother. Kate’s Pure Butter & Smart Balance Butter Blend
- Grilled Veggie Salad
- Protein Shakes For Your Track Star
- Tips for Saving on Your Grocery Bills from Mom’s Best Naturals
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
- Weight Loss Wednesday: Traveling While on a Diet Plan
- Last Minute Sweets for the Foodies Who Have Everything
- Vegan cupcakes take over Easter