I saw a fun photo of Deviled Egg Chicks on My Little Chicken Coop’s Facebook page, so I did a quick little round up. This will go great with my Deviled Egg Recipe Round Up Post that I repeat every Easter. If you have a fun photo of your deviled egg chicks or bunnies feel free to drop a link in the comments – usually frowned upon uninvited, but I am inviting.
Deviled Egg Chicks on Neatorama- http://www.neatorama.com/2012/03/28/deviled-egg-chicks/
Mommy’s Memorandum has a nice way to form the chick – http://mommysmemorandum.com/deviled-egg-chicks/
A different way to make deviled egg chicks without the lid. - http://www.foodwhine.com/2010/04/deviled-egg-chicks.html
Deviled Egg Bunnies -
From Papawow- these are really a cute idea - http://www.papawow.com/blog/deviled-easter-bunny-eggs.html
Angry Chicken had some bunny heads made out of olives -http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2007/04/easter_part_deu.htmlDiana
- Bobby Flay ousted Michael Symon as the People’s Choice for the South Beach Burger Bash last night. Jeff Mauro “The Sandwich King” was the judges’ first choice and other South Beach Wine and Food Festival News.
- Voluntary recall on 5lb bags King Arthur Flour due to small polyurethane balls.
Small, polyurethane balls approximately 7mm to 9mm (1/4″ to 3/8″) in size may have dropped into bags during the final sifting stage of the milling process. The balls have a smooth surface and no sharp edges and are made from food grade material. Because of their bright blue color and size (about half the diameter of a dime), they are easily seen in the flour.
Any affected products may be returned for a full refund. For more information call the King Arthur Flour Consumer Hotline at 866 797 9178, open Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm EST.
- Chef Homaro Cantu of Bread and Wine will be swapping kitchens with Curtis Gamble’s iNG in Chicago. On Tuesday, March 12th and Wednesday, March 13 Chef Cantu will bring a 5 course Iron Chef menu to Ing while Chef Gamble will bring his Farm to Table approach to Bread and Wine. Pretty cool idea. Reservations can …
- Frigidaire has a time machine – if you become a Facebook Fan of the Frigidaire Time Machine Sweepstakes. You could have a chance to win a full sweet of Frigidaire Appliances. They also have a bunch of holiday cards to send out to your family and friends.
- Delaware North Companies are donating $1 million to the Say Yes Buffalo Campaign to help increase graduation rates, and post-secondary school enrollment in the Buffalo area. Delaware North operates many of the sports arena, state and national parks food and hospitality venues.
- The Chilean Avocado Importers Association is hosting a “Bravo For Avocado From Chile” recipe contest. There are two divisions for entry – Home Cooks or Culinary Students. Grand prize winner from each will will 1,000.00. Do you have an innovative way to prepare your dish with Haas Avocados?
- The Handle Bar is opening in Jackson Hole, Wyoming – Teton Village.
The Handle Bar will feature a casual and accessible menu filled with burgers, sausages, comforting bar snacks and a vast bar menu. With sweeping mountain views and a five-hour Après Ski happy hour, The Handle Bar is sure to draw an energetic crowd of locals and visitors looking to unwind, drink …Diana
On today’s list are things foodie that you might be interested in. I get alerts on different food shows, webisodes, apps, etc. So, I’ve compiled a list you might be interested in this week.
- WIGS is a drama channel on Youtube that has compelling women’s stories. Audrey, a new series that starts on Monday – is about a woman who is a foodie. I’ve looked at some of the webisodes and I think they’re well done though some are NSFW/NSFC (not safe for work/children) and Audrey is in the Sex in the City style – which I have enjoyed.
Audrey tells the funny story of a food-obsessed woman who tries to rise up the ranks in the culinary world, but her appetite for both love and haute cuisine complicates her journey. Audrey was written by Leah Rachel and directed by Betty Thomas (Private Parts). The series also stars Bobby Campo (The Final Destination), Arielle Kebbel (The Vampire Diaries) and Gary Cole (Office Space) and launches on WIGS Monday, October 29 with new episodes posting Mondays and Fridays through November 16.
Here’s a clip: Audrey Clip YouTube WIGS
- Today is HSN’s 24 hour Holiday Cooks Event. Cat Cora, Emeril Lagasse …
- Appletizing Apple Pairings - the U.S. Apple Association would like you to enter your favorite apple pairing using one of their sponsors products to their facebook page contest. Last day to enter is October 31, 2012, so get your entries in now. Grand Prize is a 500.00 Visa Gift Card.
- Chicago’s Pastry Chef Alain Roby is attempting his third Guiness World Record – this time for the longest Candy Cane.
The candy cane will stretch 40 ft., beginning at the Geneva Courthouse and stretching to the intersection in front of his All Chocolate Kitchen at 33 South Third Street. Residents, neighbors and friends are invited to join Mayor Kevin R. Burns and watch Chef Roby as he pulls sugar down festive Third Street. Holder of two Guinness World Records including World’s Tallest Cooked Sugar Building and World’s Tallest Chocolate Sculpture, Chef Roby’s attempt for a three-peat record will set him over the top as the only pastry chef to hold three Guinness World Records. His award-winning cooked sugar building was 12 feet, 10 inches tall and chocolate sculpture was 20 feet, 8 inches tall.
- Idaho Potatoes has a monthly Pinterest recipe photo contest going on. This month’s contest ends …
Lots of good stuff right now, enjoy!
- Sterling Vineyards along with Top Chef’s Padma Laksmi are hosting the Ultimate Host contest. The Sterling Ultimate Host contest is a search for the host or hostess who can handle any affair with the right amount of flair originality and creativity. Learn more by going to the Sterling Vineyards Facebook page. There are four challenges and you’ve missed the first one, so hurry to get into the next challenge.
- St Francis Winery is holding it’s first “Say Cheese” grilled cheese recipe contest. The contest will be judged by The Cooking Channel’s Jason Sobocinski of “The Big Cheese” and Katie Madigan, winemaker at St. Francis. The contest is hosted on St. Francis’ facebook page and will run through November 30, 2012.
- The renowned Port House – The Fonseca is hosting a “Bin 27 Port and Cookie Rumble” Contest. Cookie lovers are invited to submit their favorite, original cookie recipe that pairs best with BIN 27 Port, for a chance to win prizes. To enter upload the recipe, along with a photo, to the BIN 27 Facebook page. Here’s the important part – judges are Jacques Torres and Dorie Greenspan. Seriously …
- Earth Balance is giving away coupons everyday; they are giving away coupons if you post a recipe and they use it, and they’ll have a member of the month, and a featured blogger. This is a great way to build up their Made Just Right community.
- Macaroni Grill, in partnership with Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, is doing something about childhood hunger.This is a blogger and a reader promotion.
- Bloggers - Share your favorite Italian meal (recipe, or memory of a shared meal) and we’ll connect kids to up to 500 meals to that one post. This is for bloggers only. A link to your blog will be featured on Mac Grill’s microsite www.1millionmeals.com AND, we’ll share a link to your post in our upcoming newsletter to over 1 million guests. (Please email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you’re included).
- Readers – Go into the restaurant and donate $2, and get $5 off their next meal. OR – share an artist inspired image from our Mac Grill Give Facebook Gallery and we’ll help connect a kid with 1 meal.
- The Punta Mita Resort in …
Being a foodie or even a food blogger isn’t a lonely single person thing to do. A lot of what we do, is for a group whether for people we are eating with, the people we are cooking for, or just sharing ideas. I’ve compiled a list of different foodie activities, some are for bloggers, but not all, some are for blog readers as well or just foodies who want to join in. Try some of these recipe round ups and blog link ups or all of them – join in, being a foodie is a participatory thing, you just can’t sit on the side and be served food to try – that would make you a critic and we’re not into criticism here, we’re into fun.
Meatless Monday – Started as a way to highlight meatless meals - encouraging and sharing meatless meals on your blog to join in.
Tuesdays With Dorie - Tuesdays with Dorie has a few rules – one being you have to have Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan. Another is that you always post on Tuesdays – and you have to post at least once in the month. There are a few more, …Diana
- The Food Network Show – Chopped is looking for people to compete on their special shows. Fill out the application and submit. Themes are Moms, Military, Family Feud, Teens, etc.
- Gooseberry Patch came up with a new ebook specially formulated to fit color tablets. Their newest cookbook 5-Ingredient Family Favorites is specially formatted for the latest color tablets, including iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Color and Nook Tablet.
- Take the Pure Leaf Iced Tea challenge and get a chance to win a trip to the Food Network NYC Wine and Food Festival and dinner with Gail Simmons from Top Chef.
- July 30th is National Cheesecake Day - Go to Cheesecake Factory restaurants and get a slice for half off that day.
- Children’s Day at Four Seasons in NY is August 24 – and children ages 5 to 14 dine free. Reservations necessary.
- Enter the Stonefilre Naan Contest by saying what you like best about Naan.
- Wholly Guacamole and Sonic have teamed up – buy a Wholly Guac Dog and get tater tots free at Sonic through Aug 10 2012. Guac can be added to any menu item, yum.
- First up – The Wholly & Garden of Eatin’ Giveaway is over. Heidi was the winner – a big thanks to everyone who participated (all 4 of you!). I hope the rest of you picked up some coupons. Also, I participated in the Culinary Smackdown – Battle Cabbage and came out in the top 3 with my Lamb Cabbage Rolls. Pretty cool!
- March 4th (today), 9-10 pm – Oprah is embarking on a new Prime Time Series on her network called Oprah’s Next Chapter. This episode she and Gayle King visit Paula Deen.
After an exclusive, in-depth tour of her home, the “Queen of Southern Cuisine” takes Oprah and Gayle on some of her favorite backyard adventures. Dressed in their pajamas and rubber boots, the ladies bait their hooks and hit the catfish pond with bamboo fishing rods. They pick fresh eggs and check out the hens in Paula’s unbelievable chicken coop. Then, they sit down for a rare, revealing and intimate interview in Paula’s historic dock house. An emotional Paula talks about her private and debilitating struggle with agoraphobia, the loss of her parents, her obsession with her own death, …