On today’s list are things foodie that you might be interested in. I get alerts on different food shows, webisodes, apps, etc. So, I’ve compiled a list you might be interested in this week.
- WIGS is a drama channel on Youtube that has compelling women’s stories. Audrey, a new series that starts on Monday – is about a woman who is a foodie. I’ve looked at some of the webisodes and I think they’re well done though some are NSFW/NSFC (not safe for work/children) and Audrey is in the Sex in the City style – which I have enjoyed.
Audrey tells the funny story of a food-obsessed woman who tries to rise up the ranks in the culinary world, but her appetite for both love and haute cuisine complicates her journey. Audrey was written by Leah Rachel and directed by Betty Thomas (Private Parts). The series also stars Bobby Campo (The Final Destination), Arielle Kebbel (The Vampire Diaries) and Gary Cole (Office Space) and launches on WIGS Monday, October 29 with new episodes posting Mondays and Fridays through November 16.
Here’s a clip: Audrey Clip YouTube WIGS
- Today is HSN’s 24 hour Holiday Cooks Event. Cat Cora, Emeril Lagasse …
Lots of good stuff right now, enjoy!
- Sterling Vineyards along with Top Chef’s Padma Laksmi are hosting the Ultimate Host contest. The Sterling Ultimate Host contest is a search for the host or hostess who can handle any affair with the right amount of flair originality and creativity. Learn more by going to the Sterling Vineyards Facebook page. There are four challenges and you’ve missed the first one, so hurry to get into the next challenge.
- St Francis Winery is holding it’s first “Say Cheese” grilled cheese recipe contest. The contest will be judged by The Cooking Channel’s Jason Sobocinski of “The Big Cheese” and Katie Madigan, winemaker at St. Francis. The contest is hosted on St. Francis’ facebook page and will run through November 30, 2012.
- The renowned Port House – The Fonseca is hosting a “Bin 27 Port and Cookie Rumble” Contest. Cookie lovers are invited to submit their favorite, original cookie recipe that pairs best with BIN 27 Port, for a chance to win prizes. To enter upload the recipe, along with a photo, to the BIN 27 Facebook page. Here’s the important part – judges are Jacques Torres and Dorie Greenspan. Seriously …
- First up – The Wholly & Garden of Eatin’ Giveaway is over. Heidi was the winner – a big thanks to everyone who participated (all 4 of you!). I hope the rest of you picked up some coupons. Also, I participated in the Culinary Smackdown – Battle Cabbage and came out in the top 3 with my Lamb Cabbage Rolls. Pretty cool!
- March 4th (today), 9-10 pm – Oprah is embarking on a new Prime Time Series on her network called Oprah’s Next Chapter. This episode she and Gayle King visit Paula Deen.
After an exclusive, in-depth tour of her home, the “Queen of Southern Cuisine” takes Oprah and Gayle on some of her favorite backyard adventures. Dressed in their pajamas and rubber boots, the ladies bait their hooks and hit the catfish pond with bamboo fishing rods. They pick fresh eggs and check out the hens in Paula’s unbelievable chicken coop. Then, they sit down for a rare, revealing and intimate interview in Paula’s historic dock house. An emotional Paula talks about her private and debilitating struggle with agoraphobia, the loss of her parents, her obsession with her own death, …Diana
Parade Magazine - In this week’s issue of PARADE, three top chefs—Food Network star Paula Deen; Lidia Bastianich, host of PBS’ Lidia’s Italy; and the Cooking Channel’s Daisy Martinez—talked about their approach to making the family dinner special—and keeping it real.
Dash is a new food magazine produced by PARADE which is found inside many local newspapers. Dash will begin showing up regularly in February, but they put out a preview in this week’s issue. You can find the interview with our favorite family chefs online as well as other Dash recipes. Here’s a link to the welcome page as well as some Thanksgiving recipes to introduce you to DASH.
How2Heroes - can help you out when it comes to food, but not just recipes. They can answer your questions and help you out with preparing that perfect Thanksgiving meal.
On how2heroes, you’ll find over 100 original Thanksgiving how-to videos featuring master chefs with tricks up their sleeve as well as talented home cooks with tradition under their belts. From a …Diana
Eric Ripert was on Jimmy Kimmel last night, promoting the finale of Top Chef on Bravo this Wednesday (10/9C). Jimmy Kimmel is always fun to watch, and this was no exception. Eric Ripert demonstrated how to prepare and cook an octopus – (on a George Foreman Grill none the less) with the assistance of Kimmel. These videos were sent to me to share with you, so enjoy – especially the part where they show you how to tenderize an octopus and where Jimmy Kimmel says – Oh that’s why mine didn’t come out right. Jimmy Kimmel is on weeknights at 12:05/11:05c on ABC.
And one more fun thing – the recipe can be found here..
- TLC - MON 12/21 9:00 pm EST- Little Chocolatiers / World Chocolate Championship. Run by a little people / husband-wife team, the show focuses on a 3rd generation chocolate shop in Utah with the most amazing!! creations. Then, an inside look at Int’l culinary competition, World Chocolate Masters, devoted solely to the creative use of chocolate.
- Food Network – Sunday, Jan 3rd – 8:00 pm EST – Iron Chef – SuperChef Battle. Christina Comerford, the White House Chef, joins up with Iron Chef Bobby Flay to battle Emeril Lagasse and Iron Chef Mario Batali. Mrs. Obama has challenged the chefs to create the ultimate meal using the White House Garden Produce. This is the show I’m looking forward to! Let the Battle Begin (sorry Alton I had to say it).
Webisodes – Online episodes
- TLC – Check out Buddy from Cake Boss in a new 8-part webisode series - SAUCE BOSS – at www.tlc.com/sauceboss
QVC - During Issac Mizrahi Live!, the incomparable Issac Mizrahi will be showcasing a variety of items from his line. Issac Mizrahi Live! premieres on QVC, 12/5 at 8pm (EST). I saw Mizrahi on QVC last night, love the opera coat. Tonight he’ll be showing off lots of great stuff including a holiday plaid cheesecake he designed that was created by Junior’s. Can’t wait! The cheesecake will be the star of your dessert table.
Cake Boss(TLC) – It’s an interesting cake show, that’s for sure, and always entertaining. This is what’s up next week:
Monday 12/7 at 9pm CAKE BOSS – Color Characters & Christmas Costumes It’s a drag at the bakery this week when Buddy and Co. have to make a holiday-themed cake for a drag queen