I was away on vacation this past week, hiking the Adirondacks, visiting my family in the north east and enjoying time with my husband for our anniversary. I’m going to do a write up on a few cool places to eat in Wilmington, NY soon. I have a few cool things to share this week. I hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July celebrations. We are lucky to be part of such a great nation.
- The Kitchn has a great round up of tips and tutorials for making the best cold brew for that iced coffee.
- I found Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home right now for only 2.51 – the Kindle version. Such a great deal that I bought one for myself. I love Jeni’s and I have an ice cream maker to try out. (This does go through my affiliate link.) If you go to the link, you can also have a good look at the preview with the recipe for the base she uses. This really is a good deal.
- Spark people is giving out great ideas for tomatoes – plenty to use for that 4th of July gathering.
- Are wine corks compostable? According to Compostbin.org they most certainly are.
- Project Gutenberg is a site I’ve gone to for the classics – and books my kids needed for college and high school. Not textbooks, but required reading novels, etc. They also have a section on cookery with free ebooks for you and me.
- Steve Raichlen - The king of the barbecue and the guy who wrote the Barbecue Bible is holding a sweepstakes to win a really cool barbecue grilling set. Open until July 16th.
- If you need a coupon for Wholly Guacamole to take to your 4th of July party, their facebook site often has some available to be printed.
Happy 4th – Enjoy!!!