01/02/2014 – Happy New Year. I’m trying out a new format to update this page monthly. The next update will be in the first week of February. If you have any news updates send them to me to evaluate before the end of January.
This month brings you…
- A really easy contest by Filippo Berio US with a great big prize – hurry quick though it ends early on January 9th. The contest app is on their Facebook Page. All you have to do is fill out a form share your favorite tip using olive oil and add your own photo.
- Stephanie Warren created this Ted Ed video explaining the chemistry behind making cookies.
- Sobieski Vodka would like you to know that if you purchase their vodka (now until March 2014), you can not only fill out and get a rebate, and they will donate 5.00 for each rebate to The Fisher House provides housing to military families while a loved one is a patient in a VA medical center or hospital.
- Key West Wine and Food Festival is coming up Jan 22 – 26. You can get VIP passes or tickets to individual events.
- The New York Times Magazine and Mark Bittman along with Lorna Sass take on one of my favorite topics - Pressure Cooking. Pressure Cooking is a way to extract long cooking flavor in a shorter amount of time. This is a short read, but great information and recipes. Take a look.
*Some links are affiliate links – buying products through these links will result in profit for the blog’s owner, this is used for the upkeep of Cookerati. Cookerati participates in the Amazon Associates program. Cookerati is not endorsed by Amazon or Kindle.
Related posts you might also like:
- National Cookie Day 2012 – Cookie Recipe Links and News
- Food News – May 20, 2013
- Pinterest for Foodies
- Nature Valley Granola Thins Review & Giveaway
- End of July Foodie Musings
- 360 Triple Melon Soda – A Melony Summer Cocktail
- Three Years of Cookerati!
- Cookerati Food News – June 11, 2013
- A Few Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts
- Boozy Iced Teas