Yesterday we had a barbecue to celebrate my birthday which was July 17th and my bother in law’s whose birthday was yesterday, the 19th. Everyone brought a couple of dishes, which is always the best part of these types of gatherings. My sister in law Katharine also likes to experiment with food and recipes and didn’t disappoint. Yesterday she brought over a corn salsa that was to die for. What I loved about the corn salsa was that there was so many flavors going on – the salsa was delicious on tortilla chips or in a bowl on its own. Katharine made a huge bowl of this wonderful appetizer but it didn’t last.
- 2 ears of corn worth of corn Kernels
- 1 avacado – chopped
- 1/2 red onion – chopped
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- Lime juice to taste
I looked around on the web and saw variations with the recipe. Many recipes call for tomatoes, chopped peppers, chopped zucchini and more. I think with this type of recipe the possibilities are endless. Our family found this recipe delicious as is – but I think I’m going to use it as a base and try adding tomatoes and peppers next time. I’ll bet grilled corn on the cob would make it even sweeter too.
This is one of those dishes I couldn’t stop eating. Now, I can’t wait to play around with t he recipe and make it my own.
Related posts you might also like:
- Diana’s Great Tasting Homemade Salsa – by the gallon
- Steak and Roasted Corn Salsa Stew(p)
- Zesty Cornmeal Sausage Bake
- Graduation/Birthday Party
- Slightly Spicy Sweet Corn Cakes
- Taco Casserole
- Easy Salsa for Cinco De Mayo
- Dei Fratelli – Buying Local
- Tomatillos to Salsa Verde
- Barbecue Chicken & Salsa Lettuce Wraps