- Tabasco is putting out a commemorative bottle to celebrate “the big game” in the Big Easy. The purple, green and gold accented football themed bottle is available at Tobasco.com. A portion of the proceeds from this limited edition bottle will be donated to Taste of NFL to help address the needs of the hungry and homeless in America.
- Celebrity Chefs share their winter recipes in the January/February Issue of The Saturday Evening Post online and in the newsstand. Emeril Lagasse, Melissa D’Arabian, Ellie Krieger, Curtis Stone and Terry Walters share some great soup recipes, perfect for these cold winter days.
- Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes has received the seal of approval from Bon Appetit Magazine. Fire Roasted Tomatoes were recently included on the inaugural list of recipients for the Bon Appétit Seal of Approval; an honor bestowed upon cooking’s finest ingredients.
- Psst – Don’t tell my husband a diehard Steeler’s fan that I’m posting this - Executive Chef Ben Erjavec from Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Baltimore has the pleasure of assisting with the Raven’s home pre-game rituals by preparing a hearty and delicious meal for many of the players before every home game. One of the favorites – Cheesesteak egg rolls. Yum!
- The post office has issued a special wedding cake stamp – at the 66 cent price (the two ounce price to accommodate the heavier weight of invitations).
The stamp art features a photograph taken by Renée Comet of Washington, DC, of a three-tier wedding cake topped with white flowers. The cake was created and designed by pastry chef Peter Brett of Washington, DC. Art director Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, MD, designed the stamp.
- Aron Sanchez is traveling to New Orleans for the Superbowl this week on behalf of the NFL / Univision to work with the Latino Farmers Co-op and participate in Tazón Latino (celebrity flag football). Watch Aron Sánchez on CBS “The Talk” – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88XtlGN0Rs
Related posts you might also like:
- 5 Fire Extiguisher Safety Tips
- Diana’s Great Tasting Homemade Salsa – by the gallon
- Canning Season Has Started
- Pama Pomegranate Liqueur – mmmmm
- Fun Infused Vodka Cocktails for your Holiday Gathering
- Sundried Tomatoes – the Tasty Winter Alternative to Bland Store Tomatoes
- My Grandmother’s Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Borscht – Winter Stew
- Tomato – A Fresh From The Vine Cookbook by Lawrence Davis-Hollander
- Put ‘em Up by Sherri Brooks Vinton & Canned Whole Tomatoes