- First up – The Wholly & Garden of Eatin’ Giveaway is over. Heidi was the winner – a big thanks to everyone who participated (all 4 of you!). I hope the rest of you picked up some coupons. Also, I participated in the Culinary Smackdown – Battle Cabbage and came out in the top 3 with my Lamb Cabbage Rolls. Pretty cool!
- March 4th (today), 9-10 pm – Oprah is embarking on a new Prime Time Series on her network called Oprah’s Next Chapter. This episode she and Gayle King visit Paula Deen.
After an exclusive, in-depth tour of her home, the “Queen of Southern Cuisine” takes Oprah and Gayle on some of her favorite backyard adventures. Dressed in their pajamas and rubber boots, the ladies bait their hooks and hit the catfish pond with bamboo fishing rods. They pick fresh eggs and check out the hens in Paula’s unbelievable chicken coop. Then, they sit down for a rare, revealing and intimate interview in Paula’s historic dock house. An emotional Paula talks about her private and debilitating struggle with agoraphobia, the loss of her parents, her obsession with her own death, her tumultuous first marriage, subsequent divorce and how she found the strength to overcome it all. Later, Paula introduces her husband Michael Groover, her brother Bubba Hiers, her Aunt Peggy and her TV personality and cookbook author sons, Jamie Deen and Bobby Deen as they all enjoy brunch. At the table, Oprah asks Paula’s sons what it’s like working for their famous mother and they don’t hold back. Paula also talks about her ten-year affair with a married man and preparing herself for love with her second husband.
If you miss it at 9:00, it will be repeated at 11:00 and you can search OWN tv schedule for other show times.
- Stonefire Authentic Flatbread is having a facebook contest. Vote to help choose their next flavor of Naan – Sweet Chile, Black Peppercorn or Rosemary and you are entered for a chance to win. Last date to enter March 6, 2012.
- Idaho Potato Commission is giving away a diamond solitaire necklace for their 75th anniversary. Go to their facebook page to enter the contest. The sweepstake ends – March 26, 2012 @ 05:00 pm (PDT) .
- A new ap – OUKosher – helps you find Orthodox Union Certified updates on Kosher products.
- Where is LeRoy? If you like LeRoy’s flavored ketchup, enter their contest to stage a photo of LeRoy’s ketchup. Winners get bottles of LeRoy’s with a grandprize winner in November receiving a grocery gift card.
Related posts you might also like:
- 50 Deviled Eggs Recipes (Plus Some)
- Food News – March 5th, 2013
- Red cabbage & Onion
- Lamb Cabbage Rolls – Battle Cabbage
- Dole Fruit Crisps Cozy Kit Giveaway
- Happy New Year’s (And A New Mixer)
- Hard boiled Egg Recipes – or What To Do With All of Those Easter Eggs
- Red Potatoes and Cabbage
- Cabbage, Beef and Noodles
- Holiday Gift: The Tender Filet