- Appletizing Apple Pairings - the U.S. Apple Association would like you to enter your favorite apple pairing using one of their sponsors products to their facebook page contest. Last day to enter is October 31, 2012, so get your entries in now. Grand Prize is a 500.00 Visa Gift Card.
- Chicago’s Pastry Chef Alain Roby is attempting his third Guiness World Record – this time for the longest Candy Cane.
The candy cane will stretch 40 ft., beginning at the Geneva Courthouse and stretching to the intersection in front of his All Chocolate Kitchen at 33 South Third Street. Residents, neighbors and friends are invited to join Mayor Kevin R. Burns and watch Chef Roby as he pulls sugar down festive Third Street. Holder of two Guinness World Records including World’s Tallest Cooked Sugar Building and World’s Tallest Chocolate Sculpture, Chef Roby’s attempt for a three-peat record will set him over the top as the only pastry chef to hold three Guinness World Records. His award-winning cooked sugar building was 12 feet, 10 inches tall and chocolate sculpture was 20 feet, 8 inches tall.
- Idaho Potatoes has a monthly Pinterest recipe photo contest going on. This month’s contest ends October 29th. Basically, you find the recipe of the month, prepare it, photograph it, pin it and let them know that you did it. The winner recieves 250.00 around the first week of the next month. Right now, for October there are two entries – it might be a good time to try it out.
- Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery is holding a Vote Goat Facebook contest – tell them why you like their product, use photos and or words to tell them what you like best about Redwood Hill Farm and Creamery products.
Show us how you enjoy our creamy, healthful & naturally delicious yogurt. Feature your kids, any family members & friends, pets too! MOST IMPORTANT: including our YOGURT CUP in the pic. Recipes encouraged too! Winners EVERYDAY beginning Tues. 10/9 thru Tues. 11/6.
- Hodson Mills is hosting a Win a Grain Holiday Contest. Easiest contest ever, just enter your email address. The contest runs through December 31, 2012.
Fifty (50) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive their choice of either a Hodgson Mill Whole Grain Gift Pack, or Hodgson Mill Gluten Free gift pack; approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $85.00.
- What I’m trying - Newman’s Own Ginger O’s. Not a sponsored review but something my husband and I picked up when we were in the Outerbanks and we are hooked. Crisp outer ginger cookie, cream in the middle. Really good stuff.
Related posts you might also like:
- ‘Tis the Season for…..Candy Canes!
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Dried Cherries
- Last Minute Sweets for the Foodies Who Have Everything
- Time to Make Those Holiday Treats!
- Holiday Gift Idea: Green & Black Toffee Chocolate – Organic and Decadent
- Valentines – Chocolate
- Whole Grains: Quinoa
- Wolfgang Chocolate Berry Dipped Candies
- Deb’s Holiday Apple Pie
- Dole Fruit Crisps Cozy Kit Giveaway