On today’s list are things foodie that you might be interested in. I get alerts on different food shows, webisodes, apps, etc. So, I’ve compiled a list you might be interested in this week.
- WIGS is a drama channel on Youtube that has compelling women’s stories. Audrey, a new series that starts on Monday – is about a woman who is a foodie. I’ve looked at some of the webisodes and I think they’re well done though some are NSFW/NSFC (not safe for work/children) and Audrey is in the Sex in the City style – which I have enjoyed.
Audrey tells the funny story of a food-obsessed woman who tries to rise up the ranks in the culinary world, but her appetite for both love and haute cuisine complicates her journey. Audrey was written by Leah Rachel and directed by Betty Thomas (Private Parts). The series also stars Bobby Campo (The Final Destination), Arielle Kebbel (The Vampire Diaries) and Gary Cole (Office Space) and launches on WIGS Monday, October 29 with new episodes posting Mondays and Fridays through November 16.
Here’s a clip: Audrey Clip YouTube WIGS
- Today is HSN’s 24 hour Holiday Cooks Event. Cat Cora, Emeril Lagasse and Padma Lakshmi will all be in attendance. I’ll be watching to see what holiday gifts I can grab up.
- Cook Taste Eat brings us free instructional videos online. More videos are being added all of the time as they build up their library. 365 videos a year to teach you the hows and whys of cooking.
- Don’t forget Tuesdays at 10pm is Chef Race on BBC America. US has the advantage over the UK in numbers right now.
- Shinae Choi Robinson does great Google + Cookalongs (hangouts). Tomorrow’s is Ceviche and Arroz Con Pollo.
Related posts you might also like:
- Valentine’s Day Ideas For The Foodie
- Spice Depot Gift Suggestions for Foodies
- Let the holiday baking begin!
- Wrapping Your Gifts With Chico Bags
- Fun Infused Vodka Cocktails for your Holiday Gathering
- Dormerati: Dorm Cooking Tips
- 2013 Holiday Guide: Book Suggestions For Your Foodie Friends
- Dorm Cooking: 40 Dorm Recipes and Resources
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide: Give the Gift of Meat