So, my husband is drawn to things that start with the name Zombie, like all kids his age. Zombie Killer Cherry Cyser by B. Nectar Meadery is pretty darn tasty. We bought this at the Bottle and Barrel in North Market when we were searching for some fun drinks to add to our hard cider list.
You have to admit, this bottle is attractive for a Zombie loving fool. The ingredients: Michigan cherry juice, apple cider and star thistle honey – the taste – cherries, apples and honey. A nice crisp apple and cherry taste with a sweetness but not over the top too sweet and a light carbonation; you won’t be belching after drinking this. Very little foam, pours out pinkish with an orange tinge and a cherry/ honey with (maybe a little floral) aroma. I’m not an automatic mead fan because I think many are way to sweet for me, but this was very good carbonated mead.
I will say that I think the bottle is amusing – my husband loved it. The website for B. Nectar is pretty cool. The label states that it contains sulphites if that is an issue for you.
Disclosure: This bottle was bought and paid for by me. We would definitely try it again.
Related posts you might also like:
- Friday Night Unwind – Thanksgiving Dessert Cocktails
- This Weekend My Beer Of Choice Is Hard Cider
- Diana’s Great Tasting Homemade Salsa – by the gallon
- ShockTop – Raspberry Wheat Beer
- Trapping Fruit Flies with Vinegar (or Fruit Fly Vinegar Jar)
- What I’m Drinking – Leinenkugel’s Berry Weiss
- Happy New Year
- Friday Unwind – Yummy Citrusy Spring Fever
- Cinnamon Apples
- Homemade Granola – why pay the big bucks, do it yourself!