I chose mint as the theme for this month’s culinary smackdown – see the rules in a previous post. Basically you enter your recipe in the smackdown, then I choose a winner with a roundup of all the recipes. The next winner gets to host next month’s smackdown and choose next month’s ingredient or theme.
Since I’ve been on vacation for the last ten days in Crawford, Co, I am going to reshare my drink of 2011 – Peach Mint Vodka Cocktail. I still need to come up with this year’s drink, this is a good one though and it has yummy mint. Link up below with your minty entries. I am extending the date to the 3rd since I won’t be home until then anyway. I will choose the winner and post on the 4th.
Here it is:
- 1 Juicy peach
- 1 big handful of mint leaves
- 3 ounces of vodka
- Lemon Lime Soda or Ginger Ale
- Slice a peach into a pint jar.
- Throw in mint plus some vodka (OYO again) to soak.
- Mash it up with a spoon, then let it sit for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Divide into glasses and add a little of your favorite sparkly soda (like a lemon lime or ginger ale).
Related posts you might also like:
- My summer drink of 2011 – Peach Mint Vodka Cocktail
- Friday Unwind – Yummy Citrusy Spring Fever
- Paw Paw Pineapple Cocktail
- Chocolate Raspberry Vodka Cocktail – Friday Unwind
- Mardi Gras Cocktails
- St. Patrick’s Cocktails
- Upscale Your (Kiwi) Cocktails with Domaine De Canton
- Got Fresh Fruit? It’s Frozen Daiquiri Night!!
- Blackberry Peach Mint Fruit Salad
- Boozy Iced Teas