I haven’t started my treatmaking, so no pics yet. I make this treat every year and everyone loves loves loves it. It’s the number one requested item and so simple to make. This is one of the first things my kids ask for in their Christmas stockings.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. I usually make it half milk and half semi sweet or dark, so it’s not too sweet and not too bitter. You can also substitute white instead of milk and dark chocolate if you prefer. If you use larger pieces of chocolate, cut them down in size so that it all melts evenly. You can use a microwave to melt the chocolate. Put the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and for a minute at time melt and stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. Empty Craisins into a bowl, pour the melted chocolate over top and stir together, blending well. Pour this mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator until it looks like a big solid bar. Break this bark into pieces, put into small gift bags with a bow.
Orange Craisin works well with the dark chocolate, too. I may try some of my specialty spiced chocolates this year with the Craisins and see what kind of combination I can come up with.
Related posts you might also like:
- Holiday Gift Idea: Green & Black Toffee Chocolate – Organic and Decadent
- Chocolate Mousse with Berries – Quick Valentine’s Dessert
- Senseo & Godiva – A Good Coffee Combination
- Stocking Stuffers – Chocolate and Chocolate
- Valentine Present For My Son’s Girlfriend
- Ginormous Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- Hearty Cream of Potato Soup.
- Pecan Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Covered Almonds For My Husband
- Homemade Granola – why pay the big bucks, do it yourself!