The last time we had Lamb Mint Sausage there were a few who said they didn’t know if lamb and mint went together. I love mint and I think the lamb mint sausage are very tasty, but it is a very mild flavor. I wanted to up the mint factor this time. So, I made a mint and parsely pesto to use with gemelli pasta and some asparagus, one of my favorite spring time foods. Of course I added some lamb mint sausage because I thought it would be the perfect thing to round out the dish.
For dinner, the pasta was warm when mixed with the pesto and the warm asparagus and sausage. The next day cold leftovers were even better. I think my mother will love this dish so much that I’m going to make it for her when she visits this summer. She has strict dietary restrictions and we have to go without tomatoes, onions and she doesn’t like heavy sauces, so this will be perfect for her. You could substitute beans for the sausage, or even use a grain instead of pasta for a salad. This salad embodies spring, lovely light taste, lots of pretty green – and lamb too. First ingredient fresh from the garden this year – parsley! Yay!
- Mint (I used a package of mint from the store)
- Parsley – big handful
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 tbs shredded Romano
- 2 Tbs Basil Olive Oil
- bunch asparagus
- green onions
- lamb mint sausage
- 1/2 lb cooked gemelli pasta
In a food processor, or magic bullet, pulse the mint, parsley, pine nuts, shredded romano cheese and drizzle olive oil while pulsing. Cut the asparagus and the green onion into bite size pieces and saute in pan with olive oil. Saute the lamb mint sausage separately in another pan. After the sausage rests, slice the sausage into bite size pieces. Toss the pesto, asparagus and green onion and the sausage together with the cooked (and drained) pasta. Salt and pepper to desired taste and serve.
Related posts you might also like:
- Orzo, Asparagus and Garlic Scapes in Garlic Scape Pesto
- Garlicky Smashed New Potatoes with Spinach and Lamb Mint Sausage
- Butternut Squash, Sausage and Campanelle Pasta
- Pesto Fresh Herb Sauces and Spreads
- Cauliflower Saute
- Ground Lamb, Kale and Noodles
- Farfalle with Creamy Peas and Carrots
- Ground Lamb & Cabbage Casserole
- Chicken stuffed with Asparagus and Herbed Garlic Chevre
- Fusilli with Leeks and Red Onions