I’ve been starting to grow mint down the hill that runs along my deck, so the mint is from my yard. You can find it at a farmer’s market or at the local market. Peaches are in season right now in Ohio, I purchased my peaches from Lynd’s fruit farm near Pataskala – they are sweet and juicy and oh so delicious. I sliced up a peach into a pint jars, threw in mint plus some vodka (OYO again) to soak and mashed it with a spoon. Let it sit for a few minutes to gather the flavors. I poured the mess into a cocktail shaker and added ice before shaking it up. Pour into glasses, add a little of your favorite sparkly soda (like a lemon lime or ginger ale). The peaches are sweet, so you don’t need a simple syrup. Light and delicious with a fresh minty finish – oh it’s good. And Yes Deborah Ng – I’m boasting that it’s better than your peach cider with rum.
Related posts you might also like:
- Blackberry Peach Mint Fruit Salad
- Mardi Gras Cocktails
- Peach Yogurt Pops
- Chocolate Raspberry Vodka Cocktail – Friday Unwind
- Freezer Peaches
- Cinco De Mayo Margarita Time!
- St. Patrick’s Cocktails
- Melon & Blackberry Fruit Salad Tossed with a Mint Simple Syrup
- One Last Summer Tequila Round Up
- Friday Unwind with a Chandon Brut Mojito