Spicy Newcastle Brown Ale BBQ Marinade
Makes enough to marinate 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of beef; Newcastle recommends sirloin tip or London broil. Yields about 2 cups
- 12-ounce bottle Newcastle Brown Ale
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Thoroughly blend all ingredients except beef. Pour marinade into a container big enough to hold beef in one layer or a zip-seal plastic bag large enough to hold beef. Add beef, cover or seal and marinate at least 2 hours in refrigerator before grilling.
Newcastle Brown Ale Cheddar Soup
This is a great recipe that marries Newcastle Brown Ale’s nutty flavor with the rich tanginess of aged cheddar.
- 2 cups cauliflower or broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces (1 bottle) of Newcastle Brown Ale
- 14.5 ounces of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups aged cheddar cheese, shredded
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the cauliflower in water to cover until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and cook until onion is translucent. Poor in Newcastle Brown Ale and bring to a boil. Pour in chicken broth, then return to boil. After contents boil, reduce heat and stir in cauliflower.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and dissolve with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside. Stir half and half and cheddar into the soup until the cheese melts. Stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to cook and stir until soup thickens. Serve immediately with croutons.
Related posts you might also like:
- Newcastle Brown Ale Cabbage & Brats Dinner
- Sunday Roast Bison With Wine Gravy
- Fourth of July Recipes with Salsa
- Campanelle and Pancetta in a Smoky Cheddar Goat Cheese Sauce
- Taste of Home’s 2010 Quick, Cheap and Easy Superbowl Recipes
- Smashed Cauliflower Potatoes
- Bring on a Little Heat – Tabasco Superbowl Pizza Recipes
- Put Zing in Your Turkey Day Leftovers with Salsa
- BLUEBERRY OATMEAL CRUMBLE BARS
- Fresh Strawberry Pie – Perfect Mother’s Day Dessert