We went to a family/friend gathering at my brother in law’s today. Though the day was a little warm, sitting under the shade trees, it was a pleasant cookout with lots of great food. My contribution was Quinoa Berry Salad. I went out and picked some parsley and mint to add a little hint of something. When I asked my husband if I should add some walnuts, the answer was a resounding yes. I’m not a big fan of syrup for the berries, I want it less sweet, so that I can taste the sweetness of the berries, so instead I added Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette. This salad went over so well, the two year old little boy from next door kept coming back for more.
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 tbs minced parsley
- 1/2 tbs minced mint
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette to taste
Put all the ingredients into the bowl (except the vinaigrette) and toss. Pour the vinaigrette over top, and toss a little more.
Related posts you might also like:
- Beet, Feta & Spelt Berry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad
- Berry Tossed Salad
- Quinoa Salad With a Kick
- Minty Spring Asparagus & Pasta with Lamb Mint Sausage
- Salad Season Has Arrived!
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Orange, Feta, and Walnuts
- Black Quinoa – Red Quinoa too.
- Blackberry Peach Mint Fruit Salad
- Melon & Blackberry Fruit Salad Tossed with a Mint Simple Syrup