This is low fat brussels sprouts because it does not have any bacon or any type of fat. I’ve found that brussels sprouts are the best when prepared simply without much other than a little olive oil for roasting. If you are looking for a great side that doesn’t require a lot of prep or messing around, this is it and truthfully, my son could do this one, no problem. It takes ten minutes at most to throw together, stick it in the oven and it is ready in about 20 minutes. My kids used to tell me that they didn’t want brussels sprouts because I bought the frozen boxes and heated it up. No, more. I buy fresh and give it a little roast with some olive oil.
Thanksgiving is coming and it’s good to have some dishes with sauces and then have some simpler dishes for those who don’t like it complicated. While you are making the dishes with many steps, the kids or your spouse could make this, easily.
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 4 medium small potatoes
- ⅛ cup pine nuts
- olive oil
- Slice off the stem end of the brussels sprout, then slice in half lengthwise.
- Clean potato of any bad spots and dirt and cut into pieces about the same size as the brussels sprouts.
- Place the potatoes and the brussel sprouts in a baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.
- Bake at 325 for about 20 min,flipping halfway.
Related posts you might also like:
- Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pine Nuts
- Sweet Potatoes and Kale
- Baked Potatoes
- Creamed Greens
- Orzo, Asparagus and Garlic Scapes in Garlic Scape Pesto
- Chicken, Potatoes and Leeks
- Smashed Cauliflower Potatoes
- Basil Potatoes
- Rosemary-Date Crusted Rack of Lamb – Crazy Good Stuff
- Turkey Soup – from your home made Turkey Broth