Did you know?
Curry powder is a commercially prepared mixture of dried spices – usually used in Indian and South East Asian Dishes. The actual mixture of spices can vary by quite a bit from mild to very hot depending on who makes the mixture. You can make up your own mixture of spices to control the way your dishes taste and in order to use fresh ingredients.
Allspice is the dried fruit of the Pimenta dioica plant. When dry the fruit is brown and resembles peppercorns. Like peppercorns, the freshly ground allspice berry is much more fragrant and has a longer shelf life than the pre-ground.
Related posts you might also like:
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- Fast and Easy – Steamed Sausage and Vegetables
- Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Newcastle Brown Ale Cabbage & Brats Dinner
- Ground Lamb & Cabbage Casserole
- Jennie-O Best Ever (Ground Turkey) Meatloaf
- Turkey Brine
- Taco Casserole
- What I’m Digging…Cholula Seasoning
- Chili-Spiced Ribs With Honey Glaze