I’ve tried lots of different instructions on how to hardboil an egg and some involve too many steps. This is the one that works for me.
Place eggs in the bottom of your pot with enough room around so they don’t bump and cover with water – 1 inch above.
Bring to rolling boil.
Take off heat and cover.
Let sit for 10 minutes.
Rinse off with cold water.
– 6 minutes for softboiled
-8 minutes for medium boiled.
This works – really it does.
If you’d like to try baking your eggs in the shell – Kitchen Whisperer has some instructions for that.
Related posts you might also like:
- Deviled Eggs
- Three Potato Salad
- Quinoa Florentine
- Hard boiled Egg Recipes – or What To Do With All of Those Easter Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Capers
- Fresh Strawberry Pie – Perfect Mother’s Day Dessert
- Dorm Recipes
- Beef on Weck
- Irish Colcannon and Thyme Leaf Soup
- Chocolate Covered Almonds For My Husband