I had Tuna Pasta Salad for the first time at my cousin’s wedding. It’s a great cold salad/dinner. It has been a dish I’ve brought to summer family cookouts, and is something I make regularly over the summer. Along with the salad (topped with salad finishers), we had Tuna Pasta Salad for dinner last night. It was so warm in the house, that we ate out on the cooler back deck as the sun went down. Then my son had another plateful at the dinner table after we came inside. That made me happy, I worry about him eating enough during track season. We ate the whole salad for dinner and later on snacking, the four of us. Some days this salad will last two meals, other days only one depending on how hungry we are. This is one of the recipes I trusted my kids(when they were early teens) to make without supervision so that we’d have a meal ready when I arrived home from work.
- 2 cans Tuna
- 1 box farfalle (I used the barilla minis this time)
- 1 cup peas
- mayonnaise (I use light)
- finely diced onion (1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp dill chopped
- 2 tsp parsley chopped
Cook up the farfalle, drain and rinse with cold water. You can throw your peas in with the pasta when you rinse. I use frozen peas and just rinse them off. After they are drained dump it into big bowl, add mayonnaise until it reaches the right coating. I like mine just coated, my mom likes her thick, some people like it very dry. Just dollop it in one spoonful at a time, mix it in until it’s the consistency you like. Then dump in the rest of the ingredients and combine. You can serve right away, or cover and put into the fridge to keep cool. If you leave it in the fridge for too long, the pasta will absorb some of the mayo and you might need to add back in a little more.
Related posts you might also like:
- Tuna, Chard & Rice Salad
- Starkist Salads – Dinner is NOT Going to be Hectic in My House
- Cold Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Deb’s Tortellini Salad
- Blackberry Peach Mint Fruit Salad
- Fig, Pancetta and Grape Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Orzo, Asparagus and Garlic Scapes in Garlic Scape Pesto
- Farfalle with Creamy Peas and Carrots
- Salad Season Has Arrived!
- Healthy Home Cooking for Kids & Tuna Wrap Roll Recipe