My son likes to take apple slices to school for his snack but he doesn’t like opening his snack bag to find brown slices. I find that if I toss the apples in lemon juice before packing the apples will keep fresh. This works with most fruit – it keeps avocado, pears, bananas and other fruits from turning brown after they’re peeled and chopped.
The lemon won’t spoil the flavor. A little bit does the trick and you if you taste it at all it’s very faint.
Related posts you might also like:
- World’s Best Applesauce – It’s All In The Apples
- Cinnamon Apples
- Fourth of July Recipes with Salsa
- Holiday Gift Guide: The Flavor Bible
- Spiced Sangria
- Vegetables – you might not know.
- Mango Chutney Chops With Asparagus
- Friday Unwind – Yummy Citrusy Spring Fever
- What’s Your Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream?
- Healthy Snack Week: 5 Tips to Getting Kids to Snack Healthy